Raising a glass in celebration is a Las Vegas custom for many, as the destination boasts world-class bars, nightclubs and cocktail lounges that are as diverse as they are vast. Local breweries and wineries, as well as extremely sip-worthy special events, also offer visitors a reason to tantalize their taste buds with new flavors, suds, and varietals. There’s always a place to sip something memorable in the destination—here are some highlights for visitors to take in during their next trip.
Events to Sip and Savor
There’s always a special occasion or exclusive event happening in Las Vegas. Here are some annual events where visitors can soak up the destination’s local flavor—with a glass in hand, of course.
The Boulder City Beerfest returns to Wilbur Square Park in Boulder City on Saturday, March 25, 2023. This annual event has featured more than 30 brewery tents, food trucks, beer-centric specialty vendors, live music, and brewing demonstrations from the Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union.
The Downtown Brew Festival returns to the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater in downtown Las Vegas on Saturday, Oct. 22. Produced by Motley Brews, the annual event will feature more than 200 craft beers from more than 60 breweries—both local to Las Vegas as well as regional, national, and global brands such as Stone Brewing, Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co., and Paulaner Brewery. The festival also includes local culinary vendors and live music.
Another annual event produced by Motley Brews, the Great Vegas Festival will return to the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center in 2023. Usually held in April, the event launched as a beer festival in 2011 and has since expanded to offer spirits in addition to food vendors, live music and more.
Operating since 2004, the New Vista Wine Walk occurs monthly from June to October at Downtown Summerlin, with the final installment taking place on Saturday, Nov. 12. Attendees can socialize, sip, and stop at more than 18 tasting stations featuring an eclectic mix of wines.
Unique Drink Experiences
Las Vegas is home to the world’s most unique cocktail lounges, state-of-the-art nightclubs and world-class restaurants with fabulous wine lists and drink menus. Visitors can find something exciting to sip just about anywhere, but here are some highlights that offer something extra-special.
The immersive and tech driven Illuminarium experience at AREA15 has launched an exclusive menu of infused spirits, offering visitors unique cocktails in a variety of flavors. From basil and blackberry rum and raspberry and mint tequila to Bloody Mary base vodka and sour cherry and strawberry brandy, all creations are made in-house with fresh fruit and herbs that batch for a minimum of 15 days before being served. In addition to cocktails, the space also offers infusion flights that allow visitors to sample up to six of the special flavors.
Lost Spirits Distillery at AREA15 is a distinctive experience, offering an immersive, circus-style show and a working rum distillery. Visitors can enjoy performances in its labyrinth of stages and lounges while sipping a drink made with the distillery’s handcrafted 19th-century-style English rum.
Visitors looking for a stogie with their sipper can stop by the Montecristo Cigar Bar at Caesars Palace, which offers pairings of notable cigars with fine whiskeys in the contemporary lounge’s stylish environment. Many of its spirits can only be found at Caesars Palace, including Caesars Palace Maker’s Mark 46 Las Vegas Barrel Select, Caesars Palace Knob Creek Rye Single Barrel Reserve Select, and Caesars Palace Herradura Double Reposado Barrel Select. Montecristo also offers a featured whiskey and cigar pairing.
Beer enthusiasts can find a local brew with some neon history at Circa Resort & Casino. The downtown Las Vegas hotel has partnered with Able Baker Brewing Company to create a custom beer dubbed the Vegas Vickie Neon Blonde, in homage to the iconic signage that inspired Vegas Vickie’s Cocktail Lounge. The specialty brew can also be found at Circa’s MEGA BAR and Overhang Bar.
Founded during the explosion of breweries in downtown Las Vegas’ Arts District, the Las Vegas Brews Cruise provides a VIP beverage experience in the neighborhood’s new Brewery Row area. Its offerings take visitors behind the scenes of the enclave’s local craft beer, wine, cider, and mead makers, with small group tours departing on a regular schedule. Packed with brewing information and local knowledge, the adventures also feature craft beer samples and light bites.
A Strip staple for more than two decades, Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino remains a favorite among wine enthusiasts. The restaurant from James Beard Award-winning chef Charlie Palmer features a four-story, climate-controlled wine tower filled with thousands of bottles—all of which are plucked just for you and your party by its “wine angels” that glide gracefully through the air, offering a bit of spectacle to your favorite sip.
The Underground Speakeasy & Distillery at The Mob Museum, located in the downtown institution’s basement, features an exhibit highlighting how the Mob continued to produce liquor during the Prohibition era in the United States. The space features a working distillery, where visitors can take home a bottle of moonshine—a smooth yet strong variety of corn whiskey.
Cigar enthusiasts can also find pairing opportunities at Eight Lounge at Resorts World Las Vegas. The space, which features an ever-changing rotation of more than 150 top-notch supreme cigars, offers a thoughtfully curated cocktail menu created by mixologists well-versed in pairing smoke and spirit.
Wine aficionados can experience sensational sips in a unique way at Carversteak at Resorts World Las Vegas with the restaurant’s new blind wine program, The Blinder. Visitors opting for The Blinder experience can look forward to Carversteak’s master sommeliers guiding them through a treasure trove of taste with diverse, thoughtful picks that pair perfectly with the restaurant’s menu. The Blinder offers diners the option of a pre-chosen selection with clue and flavor profiles, or a sommelier consultation featuring a one-on-one, one-of-a-kind education in wine.
Visitors looking for a bottle to bring home—or sip on the Strip—can make their way to Wally’s Wine & Spirits at Resorts World Las Vegas. The specialty shop features more than 8,000 labels of wine, spirits, beer and specialty gourmet food items from around the globe—all available for sale or to enjoy as a sit-down experience at the chic bistro-meets-gourmet market.
The Whisky Attic has been offering fun and educational tasting experiences in Las Vegas for more than 15 years. The mobile service includes a private consultation with a whisky expert, an education of the rich history of whisky, and training in the sensory perception and tasting of whisky. Experiences include World of Whisky Tasting, Bourbon and American Whisky Tasting, and Scotch Tastings—and all offerings are direct to the visitor’s location of choice.
Local Breweries Serving Up Stellar Suds
Local craft beer is constantly growing in Las Vegas—and each addition brings something new to the robust and diverse scene. From downtown Las Vegas and the Strip to Henderson and Boulder City, the destination has more than enough for beer enthusiasts to explore.
- Able Baker Brewing – Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- Astronomy Aleworks – Artisan Booze District in Henderson
- Bad Beat Brewing – Artisan Booze District in Henderson
- Banger Brewing – Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas
- Barley’s Casino & Brewing Co. – Henderson
- Big Dog’s Brewing Co. – northwest Las Vegas
- Boulder Dam Brewing Co. – Boulder City
- Chicago Brewing Co. – Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas; northwest Las Vegas
- CraftHaus Brewery – Artisan Booze District in Henderson; Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- Ellis Island Brewery at Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery – Las Vegas Strip area
- Hop Nuts Brewing – Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- HUDL Brewing Company – Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Brewing Company – northwest Las Vegas
- Lovelady Brewing Company – Artisan Booze District in Henderson
- Mojave Brewing Company – Artisan Booze District in Henderson
- Nevada Brew Works – Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- Neon Desert Brewing – Brewery Row in downtown Las Vegas
- North 5th Brewing Co. – North Las Vegas
- Tenaya Creek Brewing – downtown Las Vegas area
- Triple 7 Restaurant & Microbrewery at Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel – downtown Las Vegas area
- Trustworthy Brewing Co. at Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas – Las Vegas Strip
Local Wineries to Test and Taste
Southern Nevada winemakers offer enthusiasts tasting opportunities and special experiences, from dining to entertainment and special events.
- Pine Hollow Winery – This winery in northwest Las Vegas features a tasting room, small bites and special events.
- Vegas Valley Winery – This winery in Henderson’s Artisan Booze District features a tasting room where visitors can sip by the glass, order a bottle, or take part in a tasting that showcases a variety of varietals. Vegas Valley also crafts and offers hard ciders.
Las Vegas Speakeasies That Offer Style and Secrecy
Las Vegas has no shortage of chic and stylish cocktail lounges, from the Strip to downtown and everywhere in between. For visitors looking for a little discretion with their drink, the destination is home to several speakeasy-style spaces, each offering their own take on the Prohibition era staple and delightful sips.
- Datamosh Bar at Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart at AREA15
- The Cabinet of Curiosities at Bally’s Las Vegas
- The Lock Speakeasy at Bally’s Las Vegas
- The Laundry Room at Commonwealth
- The Barbershop Cuts & Cocktails at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Ghost Donkey at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- 1923 Prohibition Bar at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
- The Underground Speakeasy & Distillery at The Mob Museum
- Here Kitty Kitty Vice Den at Resorts World Las Vegas